Friday 19 March 2010

edinburgh ramblings

I went through to edinburgh on monday this week. It was so lovely to get away from dundee - i've been so hemmed in by it recently, itching to see other places. I'm a total noob with edinburgh, but luckily i had my very lovely boyfriend and his sister to show me around. We went to some lovely wee charity shops, a really nice little illustration shop, and a brilliant vintage shop we got lost in for a while. But my favourite place was a mexican shop (http://www.caoba.co.uk/index.php) which was packed with amazing mexican stuff: embellished crosses, painted tiles, and lovely day of dead artwork. It's re-awakened my love for day of the dead art, so i've been browsing my virtual scrapbook of images i've collected over the years:




No comments:

Post a Comment